While it has been many, many years since mobile has taken over so many parts of our life, including searching, visiting and purchasing from websites. Google has reinvested into the success of brands through mobile and introduced new updates, or what they are calling a “top-to-bototm rebuild” of Test My Site.
As we know, mobile needs to be fast. It is something the big brands have invested heavily into. And according to The State of Online Retail Performance, as little as a one-second delay in mobile load times can impact conversion rate by up to 20%.
Google created the Test My Site tool back in 2016, in order for any business to test the speed of mobile pages and receive recommendations on how to fix the speed. However, it can’t just stop there. Mobile continues to evolve, and therefor Google has evolved its tool.
Google announced today, with the new Test My Site you can now see:
- The speed of both your entire site and of individual pages
- Whether your site/page speed is faster or slower compared to the prior month
- Whether your site speed/page speed ranks Fast, Average, or Slow
- How your site speed compares to others in the industry
- The potential impact of site speed on revenue
- A detailed list of recommended fixes to increase speed on up to 5 pages on their site
- A complete report to share with your team
Check it out today and improve your mobile site!