Google announced on Monday they are partnering with the mobile industry to “modernize mobile messaging” in order to deliver a better consumer experience with RCS business messaging. RCS upgrades SMS texting with branding, business verification, rich media, suggested replies and actions and analytics.
Millions of business today relay on SMS messaging which is limited to 160 characters and very few, if any, images and interactions. With more rich messaging experience, the tradeoff has been slower loading times. However, with RCS, you can deliver fast, branded and interactive experiences right to your customer’s mobile phone’s default messaging app.
Did you know?
- 86% of smartphones will be RCS-enabled by 2020
- Businesses will send an estimated 2.7 trillion SMS messages by 2022
- Business messaging market is projected to reach $74 billion by 2021
So what is possible with RCS?
- Create fully branded experiences that customers trust
- Suggested replies and actions
- Rich card carousels
To learn more about Google and RCS, check out their website.